- Speak with your lender or mortgage broker to assist you with ascertaining a budget and/or to arrange the best loan to suit your needs. Maybe check out some of our local guys for competitive rates and great service.
- Prepare a short list of property types that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Attend as many “Open for Inspections” as you can. You will not be intruding on the Agent or the Vendor and it will assist with narrowing down your ideal property requirements.
- Research recently SOLD properties similar to those in your target market.
- Register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market that suit your predetermined property criteria.
- If you are considering making an offer, you will need to consider what settlement terms? We recommend that you contact us so we can guide you through the process.
- Have you got your 10% deposit organised? It’s okay if you don’t, however we do need to notify the Vendor.
- How many days to Settlement 30/60/90?
- Have you engaged a Solicitor or Conveyancer?
- We recommend you arrange a building and pest inspection to make sure you are aware of any possible issues.
- Ensure that you fully protect yourself by clearly identifying all the conditions in relation to your offer that you require the Owner to accept from you.
- Once you have negotiated the ‘perfect’ price and terms, you will be required to sign the Contract of Sale and pay the 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
- The week prior to settlement it is advisable that you do a ‘final inspection’ of the property. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.
- Be sure to read the Due Diligence checklist
Whether you are buying a property to live in or an investment property, the purchase is usually a BIG one! We trust that you will find the following tips helpful to set you on your way.